Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Another first day...

So here I sit.  Exactly where I was 2 years ago.  Well, not exactly.  2 years ago there was a 4 year old in the house with me.  Today, he's at school.

To be honest -- I cried.  Yes, I know you're not shocked.  But I will admit it's a little easier this time.  A little.  Jaxon already has friends in his class.  And he already knows his teacher.  And we know his teacher.  That all does make it a little easier.

But it's still hard.  Why is that?  I've asked myself that question the last couple of days.  Why do I get so emotional about this first day of school.  I've decided it still stems from the same thing I said when Jaden went to school for the first time -- because Jaxon has been with me all his life.  5 years, 7 months, and 10 days.  That's 2,034 days with mostly me.  I'm going to miss him during the day.  Hopefully, that will help me make the most of the afternoons when he and Jaden get home.

It's o.k. I know it is. It's hard, but it's o.k. I know he'll learn a lot and have lots of fun. That's what life is all about, right? It doesn't make it any easier though.

When we left him in his classroom, he was o.k.  He really was excited about starting school.  That, too, makes it a little easier.  He waved bye to me.  And he was o.k.  Me, on the other hand, well...I wanted so badly to go back and check on him before I left the building.  But I didn't.  I cried all the way to the car, especially when someone would ask me if I was o.k.  Then I wasn't.  But he is.  And I will be, too.

I wonder what he's doing right now.  But I know he's good.  And I really can't wait to hear ALL about his first day!

1 comment:

Tami said...

I told you that you'd both be ok!! I'm so glad they both had great first days at school!