Friday, April 10, 2009

A Day Out With Thomas


We gave the kids a surprise today.  (I just love surprises, don't you?)  Anyway, I took them to Lubbock for "A Day Out With Thomas" -- you know, Thomas the Tank Engine.  I didn't tell them what we were doing until we drove up and saw the train.  I said, "Didn't y'all say that you would like to ride on a train?"  They both said, "Yes."  I said, "Well, how about today?"  Jaden said, "Cool."  Jaxon, on the other hand, said, "Hmm.  No, not today -- not without Daddy."  Although I thought it was very sweet that he didn't want to go without Daddy, too bad, because his ticket was already bought and he was getting on that train.  :-)

We met Eric, April, Carter, Andrew, Mallory and April's Dad there and all rode the train together.  The kids had a blast...
And the adults did, too (I think.)

Not only did they have the train ride, but they also had different activities as well.  The boys got Thomas tattoos...
...and jumped on fun inflatables.  They also got to color a Thomas picture, play with some trains and legos, run through a hay maze and get a balloon sword from a clown.

Jaxon ended up liking everything, even though he didn't want to do it without Daddy.  Every now and then he would say, "I wish Daddy was here."  Me, too.  Maybe next time we can go when it's NOT tax season and take Daddy with us.

We all had lots of fun, but now we're exhausted and ready for bed.

No comments: