Wednesday, April 8, 2009

T-Ball Begins

This is our first week of t-ball games and so far, so good.  Jaden is having a blast and doesn't think 2 games a week and 1 practice is enough.  So, yes, we still practice a lot at home.  This boy is very serious about his baseball -- just in case you were wondering.  :-)

Monday night was his first game and as soon as I got my camera out, Jaxon struck a pose.  I'm not kidding.  Jaxon said, "Mommy, take my picture," and took this stance.  Does anyone think I take too many pictures of my kids -- he even knows how to pose himself.  :-)


This is Jaden hitting for the first time of the game.  Do you see that look of determination on his face?  He got a good hit and it should have been a double (according to him), but the runner in front of him wouldn't get off second base so Jaden had to stay at first.

When he got his t-shirt this year, he was very excited to be #7 again.  That is the number he was last year and he thinks that's pretty cool!

Doesn't it make you feel great when your kids are grateful -- I mean genuinely, 100% grateful?  Well, I got a good dose of that feeling on Monday.  Jaden has been asking for a batting helmet for some time now, but we have put it off because we just didn't think it was necessary.  Well, some of the horror stories I've heard about lice lately prompted me to go buy one.  But, I did it without him knowing.  

I just slipped it into his baseball bag on Monday afternoon.  Jason came home a little bit early so they could warm up.  He went to get his glove out of the baseball bag and when he saw the batting helmet in there, his eyes just got really wide and he said, "What's this?  Who got this?"  I said, "I did."  I thought you needed one of your own.  

Seeing how he was on a mission to find his glove, he just said "thank you, Mommy" and went on to warm up with Dad.  

A few minutes later, I was in the house getting things ready to go and he comes running in the house straight to me with the biggest hug I've gotten in a long time.  "Thank you, Mommy.  The helmet is great!  I love it!"  

I could tell he was really grateful.

Then when we got to his game, we got out of the car and he came up and hugged me again.  "Thanks again, Mommy, for the helmet,"  he said.  I said, "Do you like it?"  He said, "I don't just like it, I love it!"

No comments: