Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It's just so bittersweet...

This week has been a week of a few "firsts" for Jaden.

On Sunday, he promoted to the Kindergarten/First Grade class at church. I wasn't ready. But ready or not, here it comes! Just a small taste of what it's going to be like in August, I guess.

Then, Sunday night he rode his bike on the street for the first time all by himself. I had visions of the future where he will be taking off on his bike and me NOT seeing him for a while. But on this day, he could only go down the street to a certain mailbox and turn around and come back. That was enough for me for now. :-)


Here is Jaxon riding his scooter in the driveway while Jaden rode his bike.

Then, Tuesday night, we rode our bikes over to Rick and Kellye's house and the boys were playing with their mailbox while the adults were talking. They disturbed a wasp nest (with my help, unfortunately) and he got his first wasp sting. Ouch!

When we got home, I said, "Let me take a picture of your first sting." He said, "Wait a minute, let me look sad." So, I guess this is his sad face...and, of course, you can't even see the sting. But it was there.
I know there are many more "firsts" to come for both boys, but this week I felt seriously like my baby is growing up!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Mine are only 8 months old and I cry every time they do something new. I'm going to be a wreck when we hit the big stuff! It is truly bittersweet.